Cris and I participated in the Kick the Habit Run, the first-ever advocacy run to quit smoking. It's my third time to join a race/ marathon, while it's the second for him.
The Kick the Habit Fun Run was organized by Blue Magnet Marketing Solutions and conceptualized by their own Managing Director, Mr. Rommel Bobiles. If I am not mistaken, it will be a series of runs, this being the first. The highlight of the race was the buddy run where (supposedly) a smoker and a runner are paired together and simultaneously runs with arms tied together in the 3k and 5k categories (Cris and I already quit smoking so we're not one of those smoker-runner pairs). According to Mr. Bobiles, "Every smoker who wants to quit needs the support of friends and family for him or her to be able to reach the goal towards a smoke-free life."
The race wasn't too organized (if I may say so myself). The first telltale sign was during registration. I registered at the MOA branch of North Face. Singlets weren't immediately available so I was told to pick-up race packets at another time and I will be informed when already delivered to their branch. I thought this procedure was quite normal, but I later found out from a good friend, Mother Milen, that this meant they were not organized at all.
A week passed without me hearing anything from their end. So I went back to North Face in MOA the day before the run to pick up our race packets. To my disappointment, we weren't even given a flyer or a document of some sort which should have contained necessary information such as assembly time, warm-up, parking area, starting point, gun start, etc. Tsk, tsk. Fortunately, I received an SMS informing me about the schedule. But when I replied with a question as to where exactly in Newport City is the assembly area/ starting point, I got no reply.

Fast forward to the race proper, we arrived halfway through the warm-up session. After which they announced their boo boo about the streamer, something about mali ang pagkabit. Then there was also a portion of the race route where there were no pylons so runners were at the mercy of the vehicles freely passing by the highway, not mindful that a marathon was ongoing. Sheesh. Mabuti pa nung Run, Rides, Rave talagang sinara yung southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard.
Anyway, after the run, there was a huge lull, and my boyfriend was like, "Yun na yun? Walang program? Uwian na?" Hahaha, it was so boring right after! But we still stayed for a while, grabbed some free cups of cereals, then went to mass at the nearby church.
Nevertheless, I still had a beautiful Sunday morning since I got to spend it with him. *grins*
Here's hopin' that our next run would be a better experience. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment