The hostage-taking at Quirino Grandstand starring sacked police inspector Capt. Rolando Mendoza just ended. I first heard about it early noon, but thought nothing about it. You see, I'm as apathetic as you can get. *laughs*
On the way home, there was nothing on the FX radio but live broadcasts of the standoff. I got bits and pieces of the story so by the time I got home I had a general idea of what was going on at Quirino grandstand. My mom was so focused on the incident that she let me eat dinner ahead of her as she wanted to stay tuned to GMA 7's real-time coverage of the hostage.
When I finished dinner I found myself glued to the TV, watching intently like my mother. I laughed a dozen times at my mom who was so infuriated with the police. According to her, the police dealing with the situation were mahina. Why did it have to take them approximately 12 hours to deal with Mendoza? Besides what could he have gained by his actions? He'll never get his job back. The only result is more negative feedback for the Philippines. We ended up suggesting several ways the police could have acted to end the hostage early. I had to argue a couple of times with her that they were having a hard time because they had to ensure the safety of the hostages, which were mostly Chinese nationals. Though I had to admit, our police force is embarrassing! Nakakaloka talaga! Anyway, it was laugh trip the whole time. I just had to make light of things because my mom was so affected by the situation. HB kung HB ang drama ng lola mo! Sobrang inis talaga siya!
After Mendoza was finally killed, the usi's (short for usisero't usisera) swarmed in. Geez. Hindi man lang sila natinag ng lakas ng ulan. Tsk, tsk. It's funny, but it's also stupid. Not just because of the danger lurking still, but also because the medical response team needed the space to get to work. I swear even Mike Enriquez was flabbergasted! He had no idea where all those people came from when only seconds ago it was just them media and the police. Only in the Philippines nga naman. It was a good thing that nothing more happened to innocent bystanders except for that unlucky boy wearing blue short pants and yellow shirt. Poor kid, tsk, tsk.
I just hope tourism does not suffer because of this incident.
No comments:
Post a Comment