Friday, August 27, 2010

CrisAnna Discovers A New Hangout, Trucos Restobar

Yes, you read that right. I don't have pictures of the place, though.

Trucos Restobar is along Dr. A. Santos Avenue (formerly Sucat Road) and I pass it everyday on my way to and from work. I just don't know how long it's been there. It has a large signage out front and tall bamboos that serve as fence and gate that I got to take a glimpse only a few times on those occasions that I was awake on my way home. It seemed nice so I once promised myself to try it.

The past few weeks were S-T-R-E-S-S! So for the past few days I've wanted nothing more than to drink. The night before last, Cris and I were at Mochablends. The liempo was expensive for us so we tried out Trucos yesterday.

The place is simple, not much on decors and stuff, the floors were even uneven near the comfort rooms, but we liked it. It's our kind of place actually. Not the high-maintenance, sosyal type that's sort of pretentious already. Exactly right for the term simpleng tambay lang. Cris even said (as soon as we arrived), "Ganito ang gusto kong itayo sa probinsiya." And for the most part of our date our conversation went in that direction.

We seated ourselves, took a menu from the waitress and were happy to discover that the prices were affordable. We tried out Manila Lights, a new beer according to the waitress. For pulutan/dinner, we ordered Crispy Pork Isaw, Crispy Chicken Isaw, Inihaw na Liempo, and Buttered Chicken. It all tasted delish! Impressive, I must say. Kase sa totoo lang, nowadays you can't expect much from dishes priced cheap. That's why I'm happy that eating a delicious meal and pulutan did not cost much.

I suggest ParaƱaque people, especially those residing along Sucat, try this place. The music may not be that great and the parking not enough, but it's still worth a try. I'm sure you'll all love it, too. I think they have entertainment during weekends 'cause we saw some tarpaulins of amateur performers hanging by the mini-stage.

As for me and Cris, we now have a new place to hang out when we feel like drinking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment