I love cheese! So when I first heard about Cafe 5845 on the morning news, I've been dying to go there. Finally, I got to try it out with Bella and Ate Claud last Friday.
The set-up is nice enough, reminiscent of a European outdoor cafe albeit temporary (I heard it will remain open only until the end of August). The place could have been comfortable with those plush chairs and homey atmosphere except it doesn't have AC, so you sweat buckets after a while.
The three of us ordered Vegetarian Pizza, Linguine with Ham & Mushroom, Penne Amatriciana with Shrimp & Mushroom, and Crepe. We tried out all 4 available crepes and got another for free. We didn't think twice about trying all available flavors since prices were really affordable. The pastas weren't really great, it was creamy but it lacked saltiness considering the huge amount of cheese sprinkled on top of the dish. Hmmm, I wonder what cheese they used? The Veggie pizza was okay, it's something you must try. As for the crepes, raspberry and strawberry were too sweet for me. But I did like ube crepe and choco-caramel. It tasted just fine. We were also given complimentary chocolate pastries with peanuts. Pampalubag-loob since we waited long for them to serve our orders.
I just wish I could go back before the end of the month so I could try out the other dishes. It would've been interesting since they'd be offering different dishes everyday. Well, who knows, they just might open a permanent cafe in the near future. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment