I'm not really an avid Kelly Clarkson fan, but I decided to watch her concert anyway.
Araneta Coliseum wasn't as packed as I was expecting. The guards, immediately before the start of the concert, even advised us that we can occupy the vacant seats below us if we wanted to. As usual, the concert started late. And when Kelly came out, my boyfriend, Cris was surprised and just had to ask me, "Siya ba yan? Bakit parang iba ata? Bakit ang taba niya?" That got me laughing! True enough she was way bigger than me, her arms were huge, and her tummy was actually protruding. I didn't know if she was pregnant or what. In fairness she wasn't embarassed about it. Seems to me she's comfortable just the way she is albeit heavier.
Cris and I both noticed that Kelly can't dance. Not a total performer we're so used to watching. Or maybe she just didn't want to. All she did was hop and jump around to her fast songs.
But it didn't really matter. I came because I have the highest respects for her vocal prowess. I wanted to see and hear her sing LIVE. And Kelly did not disappoint! From start to finish her voice never wavered. All the numbers she performed were birit songs, it was just so INCREDIBLE! All the hairs on my arm and the back of my neck were standing during the whole concert. Even Cris was impressed! I know that for a fact 'cause I heard him say "walang sablay" and "ang lamig" referring to Clarkson's voice. And to think he didn't know Kelly Clarkson that even when I told him she was the winner of the first ever AI, he still didn't recognize her name. *laughs*
Another thing that's important to me and Cris when watching a concert is the number of songs performed and I must say this one's very sulit! She sang more songs than Lady Gaga did, and in my opinion the duration of her show was almost as long as Rihanna and Chris Brown's back-to-back concert! The lineup of songs was just great! The concert started lively with "All I Ever Wanted" and she sang her chart-topping hits such as "Breakaway", "Already Gone", "Sober", "Since You've Been Gone", and my favorite, "Because of You." For the encore (which is the the only time she changed clothes), she sang "My Life Would Suck Without You" that got everyone up on their feet jumping to the beat and screaming out the lyrics!
We were wowed even more by the stage lighting effects, it was so amazing! Siempre biased ako because majority of the colors used were purple lights, hehe. *grins* Seriously, it was great. As Cris may say: elibs!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment