A week ago, I had an online transaction with an airline company which was confirmed then later cancelled as they were unable to secure approval from the credit card company.
I called up Bankard Customer Service to relay the problem and ask why the airline couldn't get their approval because as far as I know I paid my bills on time. I was informed my booking was cancelled because I was about to exceed my limit. On the other hand, my current billing reflects I have more than enough to cover said booking. With this point raised, they explained to me that a previous transaction took up my remaining available balance even if it was converted to installment. In my mind I believed that shouldn't be the case since one reason I had that transaction converted from a straight purchase to installment was to avoid consuming my credit limit. Anyhow, I wasn't in the mood to argue so, surprised as I was, I just said okay and terminated the call.
After a few days, I sent them an email repeating my concern where I also requested for an increase in credit limit to remedy the situation. In less than 24 hours, Bankard got back to me thru a certain Ms. Macabasco, telling me they were processing my request. The next day I got word that my request was approved. Talk about fast. And hassle-free. *grins*
A big thank you to Ms. Evelyn T. Macabasco, Complaints Investigation & Fulfillment Officer of the Customer Service Group! I appreciate the speedy response and of course the granted request. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment