For more than two decades my mother has been into selling, from real estate to pre-need and insurance. In the pre-need industry, she was affiliated with Pacific Plans, Inc. (which was eventually renamed to Lifetime Plans, Inc. then renamed back to Pacific Plans, Inc. and then was bought by another company and is now known as APEC Plans) through her agency, the STELLA MARIS GENERAL AGENCY.
I don't know the exact history of Stella Maris GA, but back then my parents were topnotchers. They got awards and even bagged a few Marketing Excellence Awards. Fast forward to the 21st century, the agency weakened little by little with only a few sales here and there. So late last year my mom finally decided to resign and to close the agency.
This 2010 Summer however, mom was encouraged by the pioneers of Pacific Plans to re-open her agency. And so yesterday we had the Basic Sales Training Seminar held right in our own garage with about a dozen sales counselors in attendance, myself included. It was conducted by Mr. Jose Lazir D. Torres, the Marketing Consultant and OIC of the Ayala Branch. He was accompanied by his wife, Mrs. Anita Torres and the Regional Secretary, Ms. Maricel Wong.
My mom is already a senior citizen so the agency is in my name. Plus I think it's her one last desperate attempt to steer me into the selling profession. *grins* I already signed the necessary papers last month. I still have to learn the ropes, though, because being labeled Agency Manager is not a joke. Luckily I was exposed to the pre-need industry since my toddler days, that definitely counts for something and will work to my advantage. Given my lack of talent in selling and convincing people, I'd have to work harder on this one. I just hope I'd be lucky enough to recruit dedicated and efficient agents. =)

The attendees with Mr. & Mrs. Torres
No comments:
Post a Comment