Monday, July 12, 2010

Of Trainings And Text Messages

Last week's Document Examination Advanced Training conducted by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship of the Australian Government, held at the Philippine Immigration Academy was a fruitful one. I learned a lot of things VERY relevant to my present assignment plus we got some cool toys, too! I just love it! And, the food was great! I am so looking forward to future trainings and seminars. :)

I've got loads of photos including the powerpoint presentation, which I took pictures of so that I won't have to write 'em down, but it's in another computer. So I'll just upload 'em in my Multiply account (minus the notes) after I'm done posting photos from Palawan and Gaby's christening.

On the other hand, while we were still at the aformentioned seminar, I received a loooonnngg text message from a certain Sam Mendoza asking for financial help to foot the bill so she can fly to Manila. She said something about attending a job interview, and went on about how she was an orphan and a scholar of DOST, etc. What I found weird was how she said she'll give anything (which she always emphasized in her text) in exchange for the transportation expenses to Manila. It gave me the impression she was offering sex in exchange. I get it: she's desperate. But, what the heck, she mentioned she was smart, why then can't she approach a foundation/ charity of some sort? Or maybe the media? Or maybe DOST since she claims she was a scholar? Anyway, the number was unknown (obviously) so I just ignored it. And c'mon I was in the middle of a seminar.

Yesterday, I received another text message from her. This time the SMS contained her biographical info in bullet form ending with a web address. To satisfy my curiosity I checked out the website. It was a blog with only one entry, her cry for help. She again mentioned how she was willing to give up her virginity for a worthy cause, which is to get to Manila. Sa totoo lang, that's not something you should advertise on the Net if you're dead serious about it. And let's face it, there are other options, some of which I already enumerated above. Or she can just work there in Bacolod until such time she has enough money to fund her "migration" to Manila.

My gut feeling says it's a hoax. However, my intuition has been wrong before. So the plea can be authentic. Or not. Well anyway, I hope somebody checks this out, expecially those kind hearts who want to help a girl find a job in Manila. And if this is indeed a hoax, let me know. We don't want anyone to fall victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment