
For lack of better things to do last month, not to mention lack of budget, I reread one novel from my collection, The President's Assassin written by Brian Haig, which I bought in March 2008.
The story is about Sean Drummond's pursuit of the perps responsible for the deaths of several high-level politicians who promised to bring down the president of the USA. Working alongside him is FBI Agent Jennifer Margold, racing against time to catch the killers before they succeed in fulfilling their morbid promise.
Sean Drummond's character is someone to be admired despite his sharp tongue because he is definitely competent with regards to the investigation of the case. He also has the ability to influence people to do his will, even those higher up the government. And his interpretations were mostly right.
Full of suspense, the novel keeps you guessing. The turn of events surprises the readers. However, the first time I read it a couple of years ago I felt that it started kind of slow even if the first scene of the novel is already the first murder. Nevertheless, it's an interesting read, especially that the time frame of the story is something like 48 or 72 hours only. So it's really thrilling. ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment