Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pucker Up With Avon's Smooth Minerals Lipstick SPF15

Lace Coladilla's recent post in her fashion and lifestyle blog about Avon's newest lipstick product encouraged me to try it out for myself. I've been crazy about cosmetics since my Ninang Lina in the US sent me a small bag of branded make-up goodies when I was still in college. My addiction peaked when I started performing at EK. You should see my make-up kit then. I've given away some of them, and all I'm left with now are the essentials in basic colors.


Being an Avon Lady myself, it wasn't at all difficult for me to get my own Smooth Minerals Lipstick, which Avon swears as 100% natural. However, I didn't follow Lace's advise to get the Pink Quartz. I still have a MAC and a Wet 'n Wild lipstick in a similar shade. So I bought one yesterday in Pink Berry.

My last Avon lipstick purchase was from the Ultra Moisture Rich 24K gold lipstick line, which didn't impress me that much. So I was kinda hesitant to get Avon's new lipstick product. I had to trust Lace's word for it. Indeed, she was right! I just love my new lipstick!


Up close and glittery

I was fresh out from the shower when I applied the lipstick. Normally I first apply lip balm or gloss so that the lipstick will glide on smoothly, but with this one I didn't put on anything. To my delight, the lipstick was so easy to apply and it instantly made my lips feel softer and smoother! And with the mega moisture complex, my lips will surely stay that way. No need to apply balm or gloss, yay for me! Plus, it looked oh-so-natural on me. I even layered on for intense color and shine, meaning I applied two coats to bring out lip vibrancy, and it still looked natural. Here are photos, you be the judge:


Looking oh-so-natural

Avon Smooth Minerals Lipstick SPF15 contains pure mineral pigments and is also enriched with vitamins. It also contains nurturing shea butter and conditioning oils to give a creamy feel to the lips, and keep it soft and smooth. What's more, it is fragrance-free, talc-free, and preservative-free.

Truly, it's a must-have for the natural star!

No comments:

Post a Comment