As most may have noticed, I can be damn secretive when I want to. So I am not surprised that not many know that my contract with the Bureau of Immigration has been terminated. If you may recall, I blogged about the current changes at work where Comm. Libanan was temporarily replaced by Atty. Ledesma (who is still the Officer-in-Charge until now) and Confidential Agents were laid off.
On the third batch of termination, I was unfortunately included. Of course, masama ang loob ko. Because I wasn't expecting it. If I had been part of the first batch, it would've been okay since I'd already braced myself then, and I had a lot of job offers that time. Plus, my boss, Mr. Vallada, assured his staff that no one from his offices will be terminated as he already submitted a report justifying our present assignment and positions. I consulted with my boss after receiving my termination letter in the mail last September 28, 2010 and I was advised to file a motion for reconsideration, and I was assured that he'll personally see to my appeal. However, we must obey first since there was an election ban. Since hindi ako sanay ng walang trabaho, I decided that I'll use the time to apply for a new job and work on my appeal, whichever door opens first that's where I'll go through.
Through God's grace, a good friend asked me to e-mail my resume to their company since there was a vacant position under the Sales & Marketing Department of China Oceanis Philippines, Inc. To make the long story short, I was accepted almost immediately and I started last Wednesday, October 20, 2010. I can't thank God enough for this blessing in my life just when I needed it most. Imagine in less than one month I was able to get a new job!
My first few days were great. I toured the facility twice, watched the shows, etc. to familiarize myself with the different attractions the company has to offer. My boss doesn't know exactly where to put me, since HR thinks I'm overqualified for the position I applied for. Secondly, the Inbound AE was recently vacated so they're thinking I'd be great for it. So right now my role's dual until such time that my boss has ascertained my competency and my strengths and weaknesses. Doesn't really bother me much 'cause I'm just too excited about going back to the private industry. :)
omg!!! sa resorts world manila ka na?!!!
ReplyDeletehahaha, hindi po. how i wish. actually binalak ko mag-apply dun, sabay sana kame ni cris kaso eto nga natanggap nako sa copi. copi is the company behind manila ocean park.
ReplyDelete