
Now on its 31st year, the MIBF (Manila International Book Fair) is one of the longest running book fairs in all of Asia. The event, organized by Primetrade Asia, Inc., started yesterday and is ongoing until Sunday, September 19, 2010 at the SMX Convention Center with over 130 exhibitors.
For a book-lover like me, it's an event you should not miss. Big discounts are up for grabs!
As it is my usual practice to visit every year, I went there yesterday with Cris. However, I failed to buy myself thriller novels. National Bookstore did not have those P99 hardbound novels they usually sell during MIBF and their annual nationwide sale on books. Those are my absolute favorites! I collect them for my library. And even if I no longer have space in my room (my shelf is literally overflowing) I continue to buy 'em every chance I get. On the other hand, Rex Bookstore did not have stocks of the books about Philippine Immigration Law. So I went home with only two purchases: Sudoku Vol. 2 for Cris and The Best of True Philippine Ghost Stories for me. Both were bought from the PSICOM booth. Anyway, it must be because it was only the first day of the fair. So I'll try to go back again before Sunday.
You can get more information about the 31st Manila International Book Fair here.
Hope to see you there!
For a book-lover like me, it's an event you should not miss. Big discounts are up for grabs!
As it is my usual practice to visit every year, I went there yesterday with Cris. However, I failed to buy myself thriller novels. National Bookstore did not have those P99 hardbound novels they usually sell during MIBF and their annual nationwide sale on books. Those are my absolute favorites! I collect them for my library. And even if I no longer have space in my room (my shelf is literally overflowing) I continue to buy 'em every chance I get. On the other hand, Rex Bookstore did not have stocks of the books about Philippine Immigration Law. So I went home with only two purchases: Sudoku Vol. 2 for Cris and The Best of True Philippine Ghost Stories for me. Both were bought from the PSICOM booth. Anyway, it must be because it was only the first day of the fair. So I'll try to go back again before Sunday.
You can get more information about the 31st Manila International Book Fair here.
Hope to see you there!
No comments:
Post a Comment