Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2010: The Year That Was

And yet again I failed to be true to my word. I know, I haven't been able to post anything in the past five weeks. I spent my time recuperating in bed and in front of the TV. *grins*

Anyway, here goes my super late year-ender post.

Like the year 2007, my 2010 was a year of many firsts. Both for me and Cris. It hasn't been exactly a perfect year, but it was nevertheless a good year. So let me do a recap of another year gone past. Let me share with you the highlights - both good and bad - of my 2010:


January
~ My first time to drive to NLEX/ Bulacan. Cris and I went to Ate Glenda's house for Kuya Bong and Janina's joint birthday celebration.

February
~ Cris started working for the Bureau of Immigration - CAMANAVA office.
~ Valentine surprise for my mom, my sister and my boyfriend. Splurge kung splurge! I had everything delivered. Ate was ecstatic about her huge carnation bouquet and fruit basket, and Cris really loved his roses with ferrero bouquet. It was really fun making them kilig and happy, hehehe.
~ Crisanna's first (really far) out-of-town trip to Laoag/Pagudpud/Vigan. In all the years we've been together, we've only gone as far as Batangas and Quezon Province. The 4days and 4 nights we spent together with friends was real fantastic. It was also our first long bus ride (going to Laoag) and plane ride together (coming back home). Incidentally, it was also Hunnie's first time to board a plane. Nakakatuwa coz his first time was with me. And so much has happened during that trip. I got drunk for the 2nd time in my life. Talagang ni-plano na nila na lasingin kameng dalawa because everytime there's a party di kame nalalasing. So without our knowledge, my brother-in-law mixed other hard drinks into our tequila shots. It was so fun!

March
~ Lipat bahay! I shopped endlessly for household items for the studio-type house we started renting in Caloocan. It was so much fun, we felt like newlyweds starting a new life. *giggles*

April
~ Baguio trip with Cris and family. It was such an adventure. It was also my first out-of-town trip with my sister, my niece and nephews. I just love picking strawberries and eating strawberry sorbetes!
~ Hunnie's 27th birthday. I bought merienda for his officemates and for our friends in the Main office. We capped the night by food tripping at Trinity Seaside.

May
~ Kelly Clarkson's concert at Araneta Coliseum. That fella's voice gave me goosebumps throughout the night!
~ First time to exercise my right of suffrage and I voted for P.Noy.
~ Surprise trip to Puerto Princesa with mom.

June
~ Dinner at Hana (Malate) with Mikki who was on vacay at that time. We were joined by Mayi and Thil.

July
~ Out-of-town seminar at the Philippine Immigration Academy.

August
~ Cats Musical Play at CCP. I believe I had a blog entry on this one. ~ Cris and my sister, Judith, was terminated from the Bureau of Immigration due to workforce reduction (for want of a proper word).

September
~ After 10 years, I had lunch and coffee with Filemon and Anna, classmates during my elementary years. We had a grand time reminiscing our years in grade school, and of course planning our next get-togethers.
~ Dinner at New Orleans (RWM) with Karen, Steph B., Filemon, Michelle and Anna. It was such a blessing to be bonding with them again after more than a decade of no communication.
~ I myself got terminated from the Bureau.

October
~ Finally achieved my plan (for a very long time) to start running and join marathons. I had always wanted to follow in Mother Milen & Dada Rob's footsteps of living a healthy and active lifestyle.
~ I started working for China Oceanis Philippines, Inc. the company behind Manila Ocean Park.

November
~ Crisanna's 3rd year anniversary. We've been having financial problems since we were terminated from BI, so we kept it simple by spending the day together watching DVDs and just having dinner at Racks (MOA).

No comments:

Post a Comment